We are excited to announce that registration information for the 2021-22 school year is now available under our Registration Information link above. If you have questions please call the preschool office Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 3:00 at 301 253-4884 or email the director at email@example.com.
Virtual Enrichment Preschool at Montgomery Methodist (VEP)
We are excited to announce a second semester of our MMCC Virtual Enrichment Preschool program. (VEP)* This program provides enrichment activities that you can do with your child to help them develop many important preschool skills. Beginning February 1st we will again be offering both a 3 year old and a 4 year old VEP program which will include:
• A circle time video lesson each week which includes the introduction of themes and concepts for the week. The Bible story for each day will also be recorded, as well as theme books, science experiments and math lessons. These videos will be recorded weekly by different MMCC staff members and will be a special time for you and your child!
• Parents will be given access to the school’s Seesaw account to be able to view these videos. There are a lot of other functions on Seesaw that will allow us to communicate directly with our students and allow them post photos of their work, etc.
• A monthly craft packet will be provided that can be picked up at the school – we even will deliver it to your car! This monthly packet will include the materials needed for at least 2 craft activities per week as well as letter and number pages and a variety of other enrichment activities.
• Optional twice a month ZOOM meetings will be held with each age group.
• Links for additional resources for the weekly themes will be listed with each lesson. An example would be a link to an age appropriate apple orchard video for the Letter Aa lesson. .
• Lists of age-appropriate developmental skills to work on with your child.
Enrollment is done on a semester basis, which is February – May 2021.
• 3’s program – $450 for the semester.
• 4’s program – $480 for the semester.
This payment may be divided into two equal payments, due January 15 and February 8, 2021. The deadline for registration is Friday, January 8th. This program is not limited to current MMCC students so please share with friends!
Our first semester of VEP has been a great success and we hope you will join us for the second semester of this exciting program from Montgomery Methodist Children’s Center!
*We are still hoping to open an in-house program later in the spring in addition to the VEP spring semester. If you are enrolled in the VEP and wish to switch over to an in-house program you will be eligible to register for any available spots and any tuition paid to VEP can be transferred.
On Friday, July 31, 2020 our MMCC Board of Directors made the difficult decision to postpone the opening of in-school classes at Montgomery Methodist until at least January 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to monitor developments and will make a decision by January 5, 2021 as to possible spring 2021 reopening.Please check back then!
In Christian Love,
Margaret Olsen, Director
The 2019-20 yearly calendar and the latest version of the parent handbook are now available here on the About Us page!
Montgomery Methodist asks that all students to bring a “tote-bag” style bag to school each day, as opposed to a backpack or other style bag. Their bag should have an open top that is easy to put their projects and papers in, and should be at least 10 x 12 in size with straps that allow it to be hung up. We have some available in the school office with the school name on them, which we are selling for $8.00 each, or you can purchase a similar style bag at places like AC Moore or Michaels if you prefer.
We require this style of bag to make the end of the class packing of bags easier for both the staff and the students. Having to unzip, pack, and re-zip a variety of different style and size bags and backpacks has become very time-consuming for the staff and too difficult for many of our students. As development of self-help skills is an important part of the preschool curriculum we feel the tote-bag style book bag will be be helpful for everyone involved!!
If you have any questions, please let me know!!
Margaret Olsen, Director
Just a reminder… The school’s monthly newsletter is now available online! Go to the “About Us” link to find the current month’s copy. Paper copies are also available in the preschool office.
If you have any questions or need additional information about MMCC, please call the school office at 301 253-4884 or contact the director, Margaret Olsen, at firstname.lastname@example.org