Because of COVID-19 Montgomery Methodist Children’s Center will not be opening our doors to in-school learning this fall. We are very disappointed to not be greeting all our returning students and meeting our new faces as usual in September. Our hope is that we will be able to return to in-school learning in the spring. Until then, we have developed a plan to provide enrichment activities for our students. We are excited to announce our new MMCC Virtual Enrichment Preschool program. (VEP) This is not designed to be a full preschool program but enrichment activities that you can do with your child to help them develop many important preschool skills. Beginning in September we are offering both a 3 year old and a 4 year old VEP program which includes:
• Two recorded welcome and circle time video lessons per week which include introduction of themes and concepts for the day. The Bible story of the day will also be recorded, as well as science experiments and math lessons. These videos will be recorded weekly by different MMCC staff members and will be a special time for you and your child!
• Parents are given access to the school’s Seesaw account to be able to view these videos. There are a lot of other functions on Seesaw that allows us to communicate directly with our students and allows them to post photos of their work, etc.
• A monthly craft packet is provided that can be picked up at the school – we even will deliver it to your car! This monthly packet includes the materials needed for at least 2 craft activities per week as well as letter and number pages and a variety of other enrichment activities.
• Links for additional resources for the weekly themes are listed with each lesson. An example would be a link to an age appropriate apple orchard video for the Letter Aa lesson.
• Suggestions for simple games and activities you can do with your children at home to help develop the age appropriate skills they will be developing, like name writing, cutting, rhyming, patterning, etc.
• Lists of age-appropriate developmental skills to work on with your child.
Enrollment is done on a semester basis, which is September –January 2021.
• 3’s program – $450 for the semester.
• 4’s program – $480 for the semester.
Students enrolling after September will have their semester tuition prorated.
If you are interested in joining us for VEP please email (email@example.com) or call the office (301 253-4884.
*The Virtual Enrichment Program is a “stand-alone” program separate from our regular “in-school “ preschool program.